Saturday, May 19, 2007

How about that time when I FINISHED MY SOCKS!

That's right, you heard me, the socks of forever are DONE! Ladies and Gentlemen I have knit my first socks for myself! (my first socks were actually for my best friend Carly).

See? Proof:



And more proof!


I'm seriously excited just to have done these and have them fit, but I do have some pattern notes.

Pattern: Knitty's Universal Toe-Up Sock Pattern

Yarn: Knitpicks Parade, Gumball (discontinued, I think) 334 yrds (2 balls)

Notes: I knit them too big. They fit, but the slide down on my legs and the heel on the left one sticks out of my shoe :-/. When the pattern says multiply by .9, multiply. The socks has been measured to your foot, it is not going to make it not fit. I promise. Also, my Socks on One String technique works well, but remember with a pattern like this knitting from the opposite side of the ball will cause it to reverse as seen in the top cuff of my right sock.

I also wasn't nuts about the yarn, it split easily, and in the end I somewhat dislike the colors and the gray bits.... but it is cheerful!

Aside from all of that, I am enamoured of sock knitting. I found a couple balls of sock yarn in my mom's stash and will probably steal one to make more that actully fit soon. And these will be bed socks. Yay bed socks!!!!!

4 comments:

whimsymoon said...

Congratulations! I have only finished my first sock ever...so I know it must feel wonderful to have finished two!!!

Rie said...

Yay!!! Eee, I am super happy for you. Now knit yourself some pretty pink ones. Just 'cause.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors in your new socks! They look great!

Cindy said...

Congrats! Such cheery & happy looking socks. Yeah for you!