Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Saga of Scarf (Sock's Second Cousin)....(Once Removed)


Perhaps you remember this yarn?





It's Trendsetter Tonalita. 50% wool. 50% acrylic. I thought it would be okay.... Oh, was I mistaken!




Scarf started out as just an idea, a garter stitch scarf, 200 yds of yarn. Simple, yes? But The Nose-Pierced Knitter thought that such a pretty yarn deserved ever so much more. So, it became a slanted rib. However, it was determined that two rows would look better between each slant. Thus, frogpond. However, the yarn decided to tangle, so angry was it at being taken down from a flag to mere yarn again:


But during this time of frogging this pattern was discovered, thanks to the help of the LJ Knitting community.
Gorgeous, yeah?

Unfortunately, after one repeat it became grossly apparent that Tonalita was just not going to work for this pattern. The drape is not so great. At all.






It looks pretty, but just doesn't feel good. The needles slant in a really cool way when it's being knit...



So.... here come the frogs!


Rip it....






Rip it...



"No!" cries Scarf, in agony, "Please! Save me!"


"Why should I?"

"I'm a pretty yarn! Maybe one day you can make something of me! I can't help that I'm half nasty, man-made fiber!"

Okay. Okay. The NPK decides. Maybe stitch holders are in order.


But for now, it's time for Lizard Ridge Square the Eight:

It's Noro Kureyon 95. I think I'll call it the crayola square.
I got an A on my last Medieval and Renaissance lit paper; it was a creative work parodying both The Miller's Tale, from Canterbury Tales and Sir Gaiwin and the Green Knight. (Do you know, I almost typed Green Knit?)
Today skipped a couple classes to go to get my passport then got sushi and went to Ben & Jerry's for free scoop day. AND the B&J was attached to a Starbucks. Hello, Heaven!

No comments: